Jono was admitted to the bar in March 2023. His university career resulted in impressive accolades recognising his impressive advocacy skills. Jono recieved awards for:
· VUWLSS Thomas Prize for Best Speaker
· Best Tutor Laws122 (2020)
· NZ Red Cross International Humanitarian Law Moot Winner
· ICRC Asia Pacific International Humanitarian Law Moot Winner
· Honourable Mention Claimant Memorandum in the Vis Moot 2020
He has focussed on international arbitration and environmental law, but welcomes a range of experience on the path to becoming an exceptional barrister. We at Rubicon Chambers are confident his career will be one to watch.
Jono joined Rubicon Chambers as a clerk in 2022, and assisted the senior barristers with a wide range of legal matters, including complex civil litigation, environmental law issues, and complex criminal cases.
As a junior barrister, Jono is employed by Stephen and available for instructions in civil, criminal and RMA matters.